How to Use Google Street View-What You Need to Know
Google Street View is a feature of Google Maps that allows you to see panoramic views of streets all over the world. It’s a great tool for exploring new places or getting directions to your destination. To use Street View, just type an address into the search bar on Google Maps and click the “Street View” icon. You can also find Street View images by zooming in on a location on the map.
How to Use Google Street View
Assuming you have Google Maps open, find the blue Pegman icon in the lower right corner. Once you’ve found it, drag Pegman onto the map. Doing so will drop little yellow street view icons onto roads in areas that have Street View coverage. Click on one of those icons and Street View will open.
You can use the mouse or arrow keys to navigate within Street View. The mouse cursor turns into a hand when it’s over an area where you can move around. To explore a specific area in 360 degrees, click and hold down the left mouse button, then move the mouse in any direction. You can also zoom in and out using the scroll wheel on your mouse.
To get back to the map from Street View, click on the X in the upper left corner of the screen or hit the ESC key on your keyboard.
Tips and Tricks for Using Google Street View
- Use Street View to get a sense of an area before you visit in person.
- Use the ” Pegman ” icon to navigate around the map.
- You can use Street View in Google Maps to see recent satellite imagery of an area or use it as a layer in Google Earth Pro.
- If an area is not yet covered by Street View, you can submit a request for it to be added.
- Keep in mind that Street View images are generally taken from public spaces, so be respectful of others when using the feature.
The Different Types of Google Street Views
Google Street View is a powerful tool that can be used to view different types of locations from all over the world. There are three different types of Street Views that you can use:
- The first type of Street View is the standard view, which shows you a 360-degree view of the chosen location.
- The second type of Street View is the panorama view, which gives you a wide-angle view of the chosen location.
- The third type of Street View is the bird’s eye view, which gives you a top-down view of the chosen location.
How to Get the Most Out of Google Street View
Assuming you have a smartphone or computer, getting started with Google Street View is easy. All you need to do is open up the Google Maps app or website and type in an address. Once you’ve done that, look for the little orange person icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. When you click on it, you’ll be taken to Street View.
Now that you’re in Street View, you can start exploring! You can use your mouse or finger to drag the image around and get a 360-degree view of your surroundings. You can also click on the arrows that are dotted around the image to move forward or backward down the street. And if you want to get an even closer look at something. Just double-click on it, and the image will zoom in.
If you want to jump to a specific location, there are a few different ways to do that. First, you can type in an address in the search bar at the top of the screen. Or, if you see a blue line running through the Street View image, that means there’s another location nearby. You can check out – just click on one of those blue lines and it’ll take you there. Finally, if there’s a place nearby that hasn’t been captured by Street View yet. You can always submit a request for them to add it.
Google Street View is a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. Whether you’re looking for directions to a new restaurant or trying to get a feel for a neighborhood before moving there, Google Street View can be a valuable resource. We hope this article has given you some helpful tips on how to use Google Street View to your advantage.