How to Screenshot on Mac with Windows Keyboard
There are many ways to take a screenshot on a Mac, but did you know that you can also use a Windows keyboard? This guide will show you how to do it. We all know how to take a screenshot on a Mac. But what if you’re using a Windows keyboard? Can you still screenshot it on a Mac with a Windows keyboard? The answer is yes! In this guide, we’ll show you how to screenshot on a Mac with a Windows keyboard. We’ll also provide some helpful tips for taking screenshots on your Mac.
How to take a screenshot of your entire screen
To take a screenshot of your entire screen on a Mac with Windows Keyboard, follow these steps:
- Press the Command key and the Shift key and the 3 keys all at the same time.
- Your Mac will make a camera shutter noise, and you’ll find a file called “Screenshot” on your desktop.
- To take a screenshot of just a portion of your screen, press the Command key and the Shift key, and the 4 keys all at the same time.
- A crosshair cursor will appear; you can click and drag it to select the area you want to capture. When you release the mouse button or trackpad, your screenshot will be saved as a file on your desktop.
How to take a screenshot of a selected portion of your screen
To take a screenshot of a selected portion of your screen on Mac, follow these steps:
- Press Command + Shift + 4 on your keyboard. This will bring up the crosshair cursor.
- Move the cursor to the top left corner of the area you want to screenshot. Click and hold down the mouse button, then drag the cursor to the bottom right corner of the desired area.
- Release the mouse button when you’ve highlighted the entire desired area. A screenshot of that selection will be taken and saved to your desktop as a .png file.
How to take a screenshot of a window or menu
There are a few different ways to take a screenshot of a window or menu on your Mac. The easiest way is to use the built-in Grab utility. To do this, simply open the Grab application and select the “Capture” drop-down menu. Then, select “Window” or “Menu” from the list of options.
Another way to take a screenshot of a window or menu is to use the Keyboard shortcuts. To do this, simply press the Command + Shift + 3 keys simultaneously. This will take a screenshot of your entire screen and save it as a PNG file on your desktop.
If you only want to capture a specific area of your screen, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + 4 simultaneously. This will bring up a crosshair cursor that you can use to select the area you want to capture. Once you’ve selected the area, release the keys and the screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
How to edit and share your screenshots
If you’re using a Windows keyboard with your Mac, you can still take screenshots. To do this, simply press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard. This will capture the entire screen and save it to your clipboard.
You can then paste the screenshot into any image editing program, such as Photoshop or Microsoft Paint. From here, you can crop or edit the screenshot as desired. Once you’re satisfied with the results, you can save the image and share it with others via email, social media, or any other method you prefer.
We hope this guide on how to screenshot on Mac with a Windows keyboard has been helpful. As you can see, it’s a pretty simple process once you know where to find the right keystrokes. So go ahead and give it a try the next time you need to take a screenshot on your Mac.