5 Things about React Native Mobile Apps You Didn’t Know!!
React native is one of the most trusted developments open-source frameworks for creating cross-platform mobile apps. It is acknowledged as the most famous one in the cross-platform mobile application framework.
If you are focusing on mobile apps but confused about whether to go for Android or IOS, then cross-platform resolves this confusion in microseconds as it works well for both android and IOS users. React Native mobile apps are produced through Cross-platform development frameworks. Before, the app development method was entirely different IOS apps are created by using Swift Programming Languages, whereas Android apps are fully built through Java. The introduction of a cross-platform mobile app made it easier to make a multi-purpose mobile app. It is a single app that works perfectly on multiple platforms—these mobile apps built through react-native are cross-platform applications.
A famous example of react native app is Facebook, launched in 2015, and after that, it was one of the hotshot technology for mobile app development communities. There are various other potential frameworks for creating a cross-platform mobile app, including Ionic; however, react-native took the market’s attention. We will tell you five things about React-native that you didn’t know.
Features of React Native Mobile Apps
Code Once & Use Everywhere
The best highlighting feature and the basic concept is that a code is written once in the react native and works on multiple mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows and many more. There is no need to write different codes in different patterns. The apps created using react native are native, which means they work on every platform. This benefits a big business time and helps to focus on marketing rather than the developer teams.
User Interface Focused
React native is entirely concentrated on the UI design. The responsive and rendering ability is one of the best features it has to offer its customers.
Tried & Tested
The react native is a reliable framework that is well-connected to cross-platform development. It is developed by an Information Technology giant such as Facebook. We all know Facebook is one of the most trusted mobile apps and it uses react native in all of its mobile applications. Business can take a breath of relief as Facebook is alone enough to prove its track record. Many companies such as Instagram, Airbnb, Skype, Tesla, Walmart, and Discord also use react-native platforms.
When we talk about the community of react native, it is acknowledged as one of the most powerful cross-platform mobile application developments. React.JS development initiated in 2013 by Facebook and was officially launched in 2015. Later on, it was an open-source framework and gained rapid publicity because of its unique functions and features. The developers from around the world contributed to the community to have a strong presence of react-native.
These were the five main features of react native mobile applications. Here are few more positive points.
- Development time is shorter as compared to other frameworks.
- It supports third-party libraries, which is considered a plus point.
- React native uses node package manager NPM for its installation, which is accessible in use.
- React native is CPU-oriented, whereas the apps developed using react-native are GPU oriented.
- Live reload function is one of the most magical features in mobile application development.
We discussed all the features of a react-native application which makes it the top choice for customers. We will now discuss a few of its limitations.
Limitations of React Native Mobile Apps
React native is undoubtedly one of the most potent frameworks of cross-platform. However, it has some limitations.
- React native architecture is low as compared to Flutters.
- React native is entirely used for rendering purposes. It relies on a third-party library. It is good and bad equally.
- React native does not provide testing options. There are trim options for the initial unit testing; however, there is no authentic tool specified for it when we talk about integration and User Interface Level testing. Third-party tools are used.
- For documentation, the react native is very poorly maintained. The documentation has an inadequate explanation.
- React native is easy to learn for its relevant background people. However, for fresh developers, react native is very complicated and complex.
We don’t doubt that reacts native is indeed one of the most powerful cross-platform mobile application frameworks. It has a strong community around the world, and it one of the best open-source framework. All of its features are perfect. However, it does have some limitations, but it remains the top priority for businesses while considering their react native mobile apps.